POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kings WIP : Re: Kings WIP Server Time
20 Aug 2024 00:10:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kings WIP
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 23 Sep 2000 19:51:55
Message: <39CD33F3.E82E17FC@peak.edu.ee>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:

> Work in progress. The sun is yet another glow, thanks H.E. strangely though,
> if I try to make it red or orange it dissapears? The grass is placed using a
> mixture of trace and eval_pigment with a spotted pattern. The footsteps are
> an agate normal. The clouds are media and need some more work.

The shaded sides of the dunes seem too dark, especially since there should be
quite a bit of scattered light from that cloud cover.
Perhaps you should try placing the grass in some slope/altitude dependant
pattern (although you might have to do this with trace, I'm not sure if the
"slope" pattern would work with eval_pigment). A line of grass running straight
across a dune seems a bit strange to me.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee